I wouldn’t consider myself a profound, talented writer. As far as writing goes, my style is average and my prose is mediocre. My poetry is just a train wreck. However, I have an overactive imagination, which is regularly used.
We all have those ideas in our mind that fascinate us, and those what if? scenarios that we want to see play out.
This is how I get my foundation for a story. Sometimes, though, I end up writing another story entirely. I have other concepts I’d love to write about, but just don’t have a plot or foundation well-developed enough to go through with it. But I don’t forget these ideas. They hang around in the back of my mind, waiting for me to get to them.
So here are the topics/thoughts I’d love to write about:
- A classic adventure story
- Emotionally manipulative relationships
- The concept of reality
- Astronomy concepts (like black holes, white holes, relativity, and active nuclei galaxies — see above picture)
- A dystopian society involving twins
- Alternate realities behind reflections
- The moral reasons behind why good people do bad things
- A thought experiment about how no one is inherently “good” or “bad”
- A sci-fi, paranormal adventure
So maybe someday these will all make it onto paper. If not, at least they generally made it onto WordPress. That’s just as good — isn’t it?