It can be hard to keep moving forward towards your goal. There have been nights where I look at my open word doc, think “screw this”, buy wine, order a pizza, and binge watch Netflix.
And when the next day rolls around, I feel even less inspired to work on my edits.
So how do I keep going? Well, I have a number of tactics which I will share. Fair warning, some of them are not very noble.
1. The enormous party I am going to have when my book is released.
2. The potential cover of my book (the official one is coming soon)
3. Proving that I am worth people’s time
4. Proving to a certain ex significant other that he was absolutely wrong about me
5. I want to inspire others to empathize
6. I want to help others think about controversial topics
7. This has been a life long goal of mine
8. When I’m old and looking back on my life, I’ll regret not doing this
And when all else fails I think about my idols:
Lana Del Rey
So that is what helps me continue on my journey. Some of it is a bit silly and personal, but I think it’s important to have a plan for those lazy days/weeks/months/years. Unfortunately, wasted time is something you can never recover.
What do you do when you’re feeling less inspired than usual?